The SAMI program is a court ordered program, created for the treatment of individuals who have been convicted of a felony and suffer from co-occurring mental and substance abuse disorders. Together with the Butler County Court of Common Pleas, Horizon Services, Butler County TASC and Community Behavioral Health, SAMI Court provides participants with ongoing psychiatric treatment, case management, necessary medication, and substance abuse treatment.
The program length varies upon individual progress, but generally ranges from 12-24 months. The SAMI program aims to give participants the best years of their lives- sober, out of trouble, and on a regular medication to treat their disorders.
In order to qualify for SAMI court in Hamilton, a client must:
- Be convicted of a felony
- Suffer from an Axis I Severe Mental Health Disorder
- Have a substance abuse problem
- Be assessed by case manager and reviewed by a psychologist.
- Judge must agree to placement.
- A treatment team will decide to accept the client or refer them to another treatment program.