“When my husband became ill,
I was his caregiver. I felt like I couldn’t find time for myself, and I felt guilty for wanting to. My counselor worked around my schedule. I felt that she genuinely wanted to be there and she helped me find time to do things I love and manage my stress.”
Read more about Mary’s story…
The UPLIFT program is designed to improve your mood and help you lead a more active, rewarding life. Increasing participation in social, physical, and other pleasant activities will also lead to an improved mood.
In spite of the changes people experience as they get older, depression is not a normal part of aging. While it is true that everyone experiences ups and downs, some people struggle to maintain a positive outlook as they grow older.
UPLIFT is funded by the Butler County Mental Health Board and the Butler County Elderly Services Program, which is administered by Council on Aging of Southwestern Ohio. Medicare and Medicaid also help cover costs. UPLIFT is provided by Community Behavioral Health, Inc. It is based on the treatment models PEARLS and IMPACT which have been proven in scientific studies to relieve symptoms of depression.
Learn more about UPLIFT and other resources for older adults at www.YourTimeBC.org
The UPLIFT program helps you identify opportunities to create positive change that can improve your well being. Participating in UPLIFT can help you reduce stress, get a good night’s sleep, stay active, improve your mood, reduce anxiety and enhance your overall quality of life.
- UPLIFT is one phone call away. Simply make the call and let us handle the rest. We will schedule an informational visit at a time and location of your choice.
- Meet your Wellness Care Manager. After you enroll in the program, a Wellness Care Manager will work with you to determine the best personalized care program to achieve your goals. Personalized care programs may include health screenings, one-on-one social visits, and working with doctors to develop a plan just for you.
- Stay Well. As you go through the program, your Wellness Care Manager will check in with you from time to time to hear about your progress or challenges.
- Increased Worry
- Decreased Energy
- Sleep Problems
- Loss of Appetite or Overeating
- Feelings of Loneliness
- Lost Interest or Pleasure
If you exhibit any of the symptoms listed above for two weeks or more, it’s time to do something about it. The good news is that depression is a very treatable condition. UPLIFT will help you return to a happier, more fulfilling life.
For more information about UPLIFT, please contact: